THE PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS OUR CONCERN
My Race Instructor BV is committed to protecting your personal data and complying with applicable data protection laws. This Privacy Statement ("Statement") is intended to explain the types of information we collect in connection with our products and services and how we process it. It is for your information. Where necessary, we will ask you for separate consent to process it. "Personal data" for the purposes of this statement means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
In connection with a particular My Race Instructor BV product or service, you may receive additional or supplemental privacy information. In the event of any inconsistency, that information will take precedence over this statement.
Our products or services may contain links to other companies' websites and services that have their own privacy statements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other providers. We encourage you to read their privacy statements.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information. However, if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the full functionality of our products or services or answer any questions you may have.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Depending on the products and services you use and whether you have given your separate consent where required, we may collect different types of personal information, for example, when you make a purchase from us, use or register for our products or services, participate in a survey, promotion or campaign, or otherwise contact us. Below are examples of the different categories of data collected:
Our programs may contact our servers occasionally, for example to check for updates or to send us information about how the service is being used. If you have agreed to participate in voluntary surveys and programmes to improve products and services, we may collect additional information depending on the survey.
- Information you provide: When you create an account, make a purchase, request a service, participate in a survey or campaign, or otherwise interact with us, we request information such as your name, email address, phone number, address, usernames and passwords, feedback, information about your devices, age, gender and language, account number, credit card information and similar financial information as part of the transaction.
We also store information about your consents, preferences and settings in relation to, for example, location data, marketing and sharing of personal information.
- Your transactions with us: We store data about your purchases, downloads, the details you have provided to us, your enquiries, contracts between you and My Race Instructor BV, products and services supplied to you, details of payments and deliveries and your interactions with us. Unless you have objected to the recording, we may record your communications with our customer service team or similar points of contact. This will only happen after we have informed you about the recording and given you the opportunity to object to it.
WHY DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA?
We process your personal data for the following purposes. Several purposes may apply at the same time.
- Provision of products and services: Depending on which products and services you use and whether you have given your separate consent to this where necessary, we collect different personal data. We do this to provide you with our products and services, to process your orders or to fulfil the contract between you and us, to ensure the functionality and security of our products and services, to identify you and to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuse.
- Accounts: Some of our services require you to have an account to manage your content and settings.
- Communication with you: We may sometimes use your personal information to communicate with you, for example, to notify you of changes to our services or to provide you with particularly important notices and other communications about our products and/or services, and to contact you regarding customer service issues.
- Marketing, advertising and referrals: If you have given us separate consent, we may use your information to contact you, inform you about new products, services or promotions, send you recommendations and conduct market research. We may use your personal data in this case to customise our offering and provide you with services tailored to your needs, e.g. to give you recommendations and display tailored content and advertising in our services. This may include content from us and other providers. If you do not want this information, we ask you to withdraw your consent. You can do this by contacting our customer service team.
We process your personal data with your consent or as necessary to carry out transactions or provide products or services that you have requested or ordered. We may also process your personal data where necessary to comply with legal requirements, to protect our customers, to ensure the security of our products and services and to protect our rights and property.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties without your separately stated consent, except as otherwise provided below.
- Your consent and social networks: We will share your personal data with social networks if we have your consent to do so. Please check carefully if you are sharing personal data or other information that may be accessible to other users.
- Authorised third parties: We share your personal information with authorised third parties who process personal information on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. These include, for example, billing by your network operator or other entities, delivery of orders, services including customer service, management and analysis of customer data, credit checks, research and marketing activities and similar purposes.
We may also conduct marketing and other communication activities jointly with eligible third parties as our partners. To avoid duplicate and unnecessary communications and to tailor messages to you, we may need to match data we have collected with data held by the partner; the matching will only take place to the extent permitted by law.
These third parties authorised by us may not use your personal data for any other purpose. We require them to process the data in accordance with this policy and to take reasonable steps to protect your personal data.
- International transfers of personal data: Our products and services may be provided using servers and servers that operate in multiple countries around the world. For this reason, your personal data may be transferred to countries other than the country in which you use the products and services. This may include countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) where there are either no or different legal requirements for the protection of personal data. In such cases, we will ensure the protection of your personal data in accordance with applicable law by using the mechanisms provided for this purpose, in particular by using standard contractual terms published by authorised authorities, such as the European Commission, and we will require compliance with technical and organisational security measures.
- Mandatory transfers: We may be required by law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, such as law enforcement authorities in countries where we or third parties acting on our behalf operate.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: If we sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise businesses in certain countries, we may disclose personal information to prospective or actual purchasers and we may receive personal information from sellers and their advisors.
GUARANTEE OF DATA PROTECTION FOR MINORS
Our products and services are typically directed to the general public. We do not knowingly collect information from minors who are not at least 13 years old or who have not reached the minimum age required by applicable law without the consent of their parents or guardians.
DATA QUALITY ASSURANCE
We take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the personal data we hold and to delete any personal data that is inaccurate or not required. We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this statement or as otherwise notified to you, unless a longer period is mandatorily required by law.
We recommend that you occasionally access your personal data through your account to help us ensure that it is still up to date.
GUARANTEEING THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Data protection and security are important considerations in the development and delivery of our products and services. We have created separate areas of responsibility for data protection and data security issues. Our internal policies are implemented through appropriate measures, in particular proactive and reactive risk management, security and privacy engineering, training and assessments. We take appropriate measures to ensure online and physical security and to minimise the risk of data loss and similar risks, taking into account the respective risk associated with the processing and the type of data protected. In addition, we restrict access to our databases containing personal data to authorised persons who have a legitimate interest in accessing such data.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data processed by My Race Instructor BV:
- Access: you have the right to know what personal data we hold about you and to obtain a copy of that data.
- Transferability: Subject to applicable law, you may request that the personal data you have provided to My Race Instructor BV be transferred to you in a machine-readable format.
- Correction and deletion: You have the right to have incomplete, inaccurate, redundant or outdated personal data about you deleted or updated.
- Withdrawal of consent: You may withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data by us.
- Cancellation of subscriptions and opposition: you have the right to cancel subscriptions to direct marketing communications and to request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or for other reasons. Even if you have been removed from the mailing list for communications for marketing or other purposes from us, we may still send you special important alerts.
You can exercise your rights by managing your account and your options about our products and services or, if this is not possible, by contacting us. In some cases, if you wish to withdraw your consent or want us to delete or stop processing your personal data, this may result in us no longer being able to provide you with the Services.
If you are not satisfied with our response to you exercising your rights, you can let us know. If you are still not satisfied, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
CONTROLLER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
My Race Instructor BV is the controller of your personal data.
Questions about our privacy practices should be directed to:
My Race Instructor B.V.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We may change this Statement at any time with or without notice. However, if this Statement changes in a material and adverse way, we will post a notice of the change at the beginning of this Statement and on the home page of the Site for a period of 30 days. We recommend that you review this Statement from time to time to be aware of any changes to the Statement.